Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Poori

I know its simple and everybody knows how to make poori. This is just a sharing of my way to make them! :) When ever I make poori, my hubby's request is "make poori& thengaa chutney"..that is a perfect combination with aloo masalaa or vegetable kurma.

Ingredients
Aata / Wheat flour -1 cup
Water - little less than 1/2cup (approximately)
Salt -1/4teaspoon
Oil - to deep fry

Method
Combine the aata and salt in a bowl, Add water little by little and make a stiff dough.
Knead it for 5 minutes, keep it covered for 10 minutes.
Make small golf ball sized balls.
Roll each ball into a uniform disc by dusting rice flour/ maida/ all purpose flour.
I always make small poori's as there are 2 reasons. One..the usage of oil will be minimal and you don't have to reuse the oil! Two...the small poori's look cute ! :)
Heat canola oil on medium heat. Put the rolled poori and press it gently with the laddle. It will puff up, flip it over after a few seconds. Fry it till it becomes golden in colour, take it out and keep it on a paper towel. Repeat the same and finish off!

Yummy Poori's are ready! Enjoy it with coconut chutney" & (or) aloo masalaa (or) vegetable kurma.

7 comments:

  1. mahi, athu enna paper! ithukku enre vikkuthaa!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Immaa,long time back I bought some ready made roti's.(see Milk-Curd kurma snap).Those frozen roti's came in these papers..Handy to roll n keep poori's before frying. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. waaw mahi pooris are nice....poori with cocunut chutney is different cominationpaa....superp normally we r using potato and kurmas...mmm....i think chutney also will good.. thanks for the idea....

    ReplyDelete
  4. maki en periya paiyanum poorikku sadni thaan vaiththu saappiduvaan.
    sinnavan poori sambar

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi mahi I cooked ur meal maker curry ! That's dam tasty I can't forget in my family member all said soo tasty
    Bcos I'm the newly cooking. First time I m cook. I took ur recipes that's great too. Pls post some nonveg items

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the comment Anony! Glad that everybody in your family liked the kuzhambu.

    I don't cook nonveg items, Sorry! But you can replace my meal maker or egg recipes with non-veg items.

    Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete

Thank You Very Much for taking time to come here and adding your comment! It means a lot to me! :)

Views

Related Posts with Thumbnails

© 2011 Mahi's Kitchen, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena